Aired November 13, 2007
- 3 cups breadcrumbs (panko breadcrumbs if available, otherwise unflavored breadcrumbs)
- Zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large, gallon-size, re-sealable plastic bag
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips, or 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 400F.
Mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, ground ginger, sesame seeds, salt and freshly ground black pepper in the plastic bag and toss to combine. Add the chicken; a couple of pieces at a time, and give them a good shake to coat. Repeat until all the chicken has been coated. Arrange the coated chicken on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice and honey with a little splash of water. Serve the chicken on a plate with the honey-soy-lemon dippy sauce on the side.