Serves 2 servings
Originally aired October 24, 2007
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons roasted red pepper paste OR 1 12-ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained and pureed
- 4 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Drizzle mushroom caps with EVOO and place on the grill pan, gill side down, for about 3 minutes.
Flip caps and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread a spoonful or so of roasted red pepper paste over the mushroom cap in a thin layer.
Top with a slice of smoked mozzarella cheese and tent with foil to melt.