Serves 4 snack-size servings
Originally aired October 21, 2007
- 1 pound ground white meat chicken
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Franks)
- 3 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced
- Store-bought, good quality bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- A couple of handfuls celery sticks
- A couple of handfuls carrot sticks
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and parsley, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Flatten out the meat in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into four balls you should have sixteen meatballs in total.
Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with EVOO. Place in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine. Toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat.
Transfer the meatballs to a serving platter and spike each one with a toothpick or serving fork. Place the bleu cheese dressing in a small serving bowl and garnish with scallions. Serve the meatballs with the bleu cheese dressing, celery and carrot sticks alongside.