Serves 8 snack-size servings
Originally aired October 17, 2007
- 1 package frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted with extra water squeezed out
- 2 packages frozen spinach, defrosted with extra water squeezed out
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 springs of thyme, leaves removed
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package pizza dough, such as Pillsbury
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, spinach, provolone, Asiago, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, salt and ground pepper.
Unroll the pizza dough onto on a baking sheet with the long edge facing you. Be careful not to stretch it too much.
Pour the filling into the middle of the dough, shaping it into a thick log running lengthwise down the center of the dough.
Fold one edge of the pizza dough over the filling, then fold the other half over to seal the filling inside the dough. Turn the stuffed bread over on the sheet pan so the seam is on the bottom. Brush with EVOO and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
Bake the stuffed bread until evenly golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Cool slightly before slicing.