Aired October 9, 2007
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/2 pint strawberries
- 1 to 2 thick slices boiled ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 to 2 thick slices cheddar, provolone, American or Monterey Jack cheese, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into sticks
- 1 slice angel food cake, cut into bite-size pieces
In a small bowl, combine the salsa and the ranch dressing.
Puree the strawberries in a blender and place in a re-sealable container.
Pack all the different components in separate containers or re-sealable plastic bags. Place in your kids' lunchbox. At lunchtime, they can dip all the different components in the salsa/ranch dressing and dip the angel food cake in the strawberry puree for a healthy dessert!