Serves enough to accompany 4 steaks
Originally aired October 2, 2007
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 cup (a large handful) flat-leaf parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup (about a palmful) fresh oregano, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 piece stale bread, such as white bread, crusts removed and torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor, combine the herbs, garlic, onion and bread and pulse to chop. With the food processor running, stream in the red wine vinegar and EVOO until the sauce is smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.