Aired August 28, 2007
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, flesh chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups corn flake crumbs (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/3 of a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander, half a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika, half a palmful
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a bowl combine watermelon, green bell pepper, onion, jalapeo, and lime juice, and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine and reserve.
In a shallow dish combine corn flake crumbs, dry mustard, coriander and paprika. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper, then coat them thoroughly in the seasoned corn flake crumbs.
Preheat a large non-stick skillet with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons, over medium-high heat.
Once the oil starts to ripple, add the tilapia and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Top the fish with some of the watermelon salsa and serve.