Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 1/4 pounds small, red-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or cream (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 20 chives (eyeball it), chopped
- 2 sprigs of dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Cut potatoes in half and place them in a pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes by at least an inch. Cover the pot and bring up to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove the lid, add some salt and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and return them to the hot pot. Add the half-and-half or cream, Dijon mustard, chives, dill and the butter to the potatoes and smash with a fork or potato masher to the desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.