Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 2 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes, cut into quarters lengthwise, then chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 cup beef consomme or broth
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place the potatoes in a medium pot. Fill with cold water and bring to a boil. Add a liberal amount of salt and cook the potatoes until they are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender, drain and return them to the warm pot to dry them out.
Add the beef consomme, capers, red bell pepper, celery, onion, lemon zest and juice, red wine vinegar and EVOO. Season with salt and pepper. This dish tastes great either warm or cold.