Aired August 28, 2007
- 4 heads bibb lettuce, leaves washed and torn
- 1 bag radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a large serving bowl, combine the torn bibb lettuce leaves, radishes, cucumber and toasted pine nuts.
In a separate small bowl combine the shallots, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly whisk in EVOO in a steady stream. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.