Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), 2 turns of the pan
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 pound (about 1/2 cup) pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 cups leftover turkey, shredded
- 1 cup cream
- Pinch of allspice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (a mounded handful) Asiago cheese
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil to cook the pasta. Once the water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
While the water is coming up to a boil, start the sauce: Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO. Add the pancetta to the hot EVOO and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaf, and cook until softened.
Add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes more to heat through. Add the cream, allspice, salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the cream reduce by half.
Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Mix thoroughly to combine. Place in a large serving bowl and top with the cheese and radicchio.