Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium size carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 quart chicken or turkey stock
- 5 cups shredded turkey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 package small cheese raviolis
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn or chopped (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Place a large soup pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic and bay leaf, and cook until soft and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Add the stewed tomatoes, chicken or turkey stock and turkey, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add ravioli to the stoup and cook according to package directions. Add the basil and serve each bowl of turkey stoup with a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano.