Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 raw large shrimp, peeled, leaving the tail on, and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Creole mustard or grainy mustard
- 1/4 yellow onion, grated
- 2 celery ribs, very finely minced
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon paprika (1/3 palmful)
- A handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat an outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan to high heat.
In a bowl, combine the EVOO, orange juice and zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp and toss to coat the shrimp completely. Place the shrimp on the grill and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until the shrimp are pink and have curled up. Remove the shrimp from the grill onto a backing sheet or large plate in a single layer. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Creole mustard, grated onion, celery, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, paprika and parsley. Store the remoulade sauce in the refrigerator until the shrimp are chilled.
To serve, surround a bowl of the remoulade sauce with the chilled grilled shrimp.