Aired August 28, 2007
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons coconut extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sweetened, flaked, coconut
- 2 cups dried pineapple, chopped in small pieces
Preheat oven 375F.
In a large bowl cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the coconut extract.
In another large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the
flour mixture into the butter mixture in thirds. Once the flour is completely incorporated, add chocolate chips, coconut and pineapple.
Drop rounded spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Bake the cookies in the middle rack of the over for 12 minutes. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before removing to a wire cooling rack.