Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 whole chickens cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 6 springs thyme, leaves stripped from stem
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 pounds small white potatoes, cut in half or quartered (depending on size)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 2 lemons
Preheat oven to 425F.
Arrange chicken pieces in a baking dish. Add garlic, thyme, bay leaves, potatoes, EVOO, lemon zest, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss chicken to coat, then place in oven. Roast 45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165F and the potatoes are tender. Remove chicken from oven, squeeze juice of 2 lemons over the chicken and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Serve the chicken with the potatoes and spoon the pan sauce over top.