Aired August 28, 2007
- 6 carrots, chopped into large chunks
- 5 celery ribs, chopped large chunks
- 1 softball-sized onion, large dice
- 8 large cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 20 pound turkey
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons grill seasoning
- 3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
Preheat oven 400F.
Place veggies on bottom of roasting pan. Add the whole peeled cloves garlic and sprigs of thyme, set aside till later. Cut turkey into 6 pieces or have your butcher do it for you so you have two breasts with wings attached, two drumsticks and two thighs.
Rub the turkey with softened butter and season with poultry and steak seasonings. Place the breast on top of veggies in roasting pan. Pop it into the oven and set timer for 35 minutes. Once the timer goes off, add the thighs and drumsticks and reset timer for 60 minutes. The whole turkey should take an hour and 35 minutes to cook (internal temperature should reach 160F).