Aired August 28, 2007
- 1/2 pound leftover roasted turkey breast, sliced thick
- 1/2 pound leftover cooked ham, sliced thick
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Elsa's poulet sauce (made without turkey drippings, just add wine directly to roux)
- For the corn cakes:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
Place chicken stock in a wide, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ham slices to the sauce to heat through.
Heat a griddle pan or a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Mix together vegetable oil, corn muffin mix, egg and milk in a medium mixing bowl. Ladle about 1/2 cup of the batter per cake onto the hot griddle and let sit until bubbles form around the edges. Flip over and cook until golden brown.
To serve, place a corn cake on a serving plate. Add a slice of turkey. Top with another corn cake. Add a slice of ham. Drizzle poulet sauce over the top and serve with buttered peas, baby carrots and cranberry sauce alongside.