Aired August 28, 2007
- 1 rotisserie chicken, stripped and shredded or 1 to 1 1/2 pounds leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeo, seeded and chopped
- 1 rounded tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 16-ounce jar tomatillo salsa
- 1 beer, any brand you like
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 handfuls tortilla chips, divided
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
Heat a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Cook onions, garlic, and jalapeo until soft, about 4 minutes.
Add chili powder and cumin, and cook for another minute. Add the tomatillo salsa, beer and stock. Bring up to a bubble and add in the shredded chicken. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, grind 2 handfuls of the tortilla chips and the cilantro leaves in a food processor. Add this mixture to the chili and continue cooking until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
Right before spooning into bowls, add in the lime juice and serve with some whole corn tortilla chips alongside.