Aired August 28, 2007
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound chorizo, casing removed and chopped
- 2 large white boiling potatoes, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 extra-large eggs or 1 quart of pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/3 cup half-and-half (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (a couple of handfuls) flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat a 12-inch, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO and chorizo, and cook until the chorizo is crispy, about 3 minutes.
Add the sliced potatoes and onions, and continue to cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
Beat eggs together with half-and-half. Whisk in the salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the filling. Let the eggs set. Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle. When the frittata has set, sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to the oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown. Remove let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley, cut into wedges and serve.