Aired August 28, 2007
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 bundles (about 3 cups loosely packed) arugula, trimmed and chopped
- 12 extra-large eggs or 1 quart of pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (eyeball it) half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat a 12-inch, nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, pancetta and garlic to the pan. When pancetta browns at the edges and begins to crisp, stir in the tomatoes. Add and wilt the arugula.
Beat the eggs together with half-and-half. Whisk in salt and pepper. Pour eggs over fillings and let eggs set.
Using a spatula, raise eggs off the bottom of the skillet, allowing more of the liquid egg to settle. When the frittata has set, transfer to oven and cook 10-12 minutes until top is deep golden brown. Remove and let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.