Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese crumbles, plain or with Mediterranean herbs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh oregano leaves, stripped from stems
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped, for garnish
- Sliced seedless cucumbers, for dipping
- Crispy flat breads such as lavash, for dipping
In a food processor, combine feta, milk, walnuts, oregano, pepper, lemon juice and hot sauce until smooth and creamy.
Scrape the feta dip into a serving bowl and garnish with red pepper and olives. Serve with crispy flat breads and cucumbers for dipping.