Serves 2 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 5 to 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, cut into 3-inch lengths then thinly sliced into sticks
- 2 to 3 baby zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds
- 4 soft sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Handful of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons of water (a splash)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) (eyeball it)
- Black pepper, to taste
Place the lettuce on a large platter and scatter the veggies across the top.
Place the garlic, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, mint and vinegar in a food processor and turn it on if you have trouble getting the dressing going, add a splash of water, 2 tablespoons, then stream in the EVOO.
Process the dressing then season it with black pepper to taste and pour it evenly over the salad then serve.