Depends how loud your stomach's barkin', but two apiece will give you 4 servings.
Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 tubes of pizza dough, recommended brand Pillsbury
- 8 all-beef, good-quality hot dogs (turkey or veggie may be substituted)
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- Your favorite mustard for hot dogs
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly coat a cookie sheet with a small amount of EVOO. Lay out the pizza dough vertically (the long way up and down) on a flat surface and make one long cut down the middle.
Then, make four four-inch-wide strips across.
Squeeze or spread mustard the length of the strip and top with about 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut.
Grab your dogs and place one on each strip, then roll up the dough into a hot dog cocoon. Slice off any excess dough on the ends and discard.
Lay your Frankenstuffers on the cooking sheet and pop them in the oven for about 18-20 minutes, or until nice and golden brown. Yum-O!