Aired August 28, 2007
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin molds with paper cup liners.
Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, place the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together and whisk. Stir in flour mixture until combined then stir in carrots and pecans. Fill cups three-quarters full.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 18-20 minutes.
Cool muffins in the pan for about 5 minutes, then invert them into a rack.