Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 4 cups stale bread, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch chunks
- 4 vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- A handful parsley leaves, left whole
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
In a large bowl, soak bread in about 3 cups of water for about 5-10 minutes. Wring pieces out with a kitchen towel or squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
In another large bowl, mix together the veggies and herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and drizzle with the EVOO. Add the bread into the salad bowl and give it a toss to combine.