Serves 6-8 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons salsa, any kind you like
- 1 tablespoon cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup blue tortilla chips, crushed
- Crackers, flat bread, cucumber, red pepper or celery for dipping
Place both cheeses, salsa, cilantro and lime zest into a food processor and blend for 4-5 seconds. Spread a piece of plastic wrap onto the counter and pour the mixture into the middle of it. Gather up all four corners and twist, so the plastic is tightly wrapped around the ball of cheese. Place in refrigerator to firm up for about 1-2 hours.
Place the crushed tortilla chips into a bowl. Remove the ball o' cheese from the plastic and roll it around in the chips. Serve with a variety of your favorite crackers, flat bread and cut veggies such as cucumber, celery and red bell pepper.