Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- Flour to dredge
- 4 fillets (either chicken or snapper; tilapia works too)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into half-inch slices, lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, pit removed and sliced
Season the fillets with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour. Shake off any excess.
Heat the 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the floured fillets and cook until golden on one side. Flip the fillets and cook until golden on the other side.
Heat the 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan and add the onions, peppers and the garlic. Cook until fragrant, then add the tomatoes and the capers and heat through. Add the lime juice and cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
Remove fillets to plate and top with vegetables. Serve with Yellow Rice - Arroz Amarillo and garnish with a slice of avocado.