Aired August 28, 2007
- 4 to 5 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken meat, shredded
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of 1 lime, juice of 2
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- A handful of chopped cilantro, plus additional for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 375F.
With a three-inch round cookie cutter, make small rounds out of flour tortillas. Nestle the rounds down into the cups of a mini muffin tin and transfer to the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until tortilla cups are golden brown. Remove from oven and reserve.
In a medium-size mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken, jalapeo, onion, tomato and spices. Add the zest and juice of 1 lime, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
In another bowl, add the avocado, cilantro, juice of remaining lime, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Mash everything together with a fork to combine.
Fill reserved tortilla cups with chicken salad, top with avocado topping and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro. Yum-O!