Aired August 28, 2007
- 1 cup skim milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomato pesto
- 5-6 leaves basil, chopped thinly
- 4 pitas, cut into pizza triangle shapes, regular or whole wheat
- 1 can olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 carrots cut into long sticks
- 3 celery ribs, cut into long strips
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
Preheat the oven to 400F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, pesto and basil. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside while you make the pitas.
Spray pitas with cooking spray and season them with the garlic powder and oregano. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until crispy, about 5-6 minutes.
Serve the ricotta pizza dip with the veggies and pita chips alongside.