Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), about 2 turns of the pan
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 10-ounce box frozen corn
- 1 can black or red beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3-4 cups leftover Bolognese sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup yellow cheddar cheese, shredded, regular or low-fat cheese
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas or 1 bag baked tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375F.
Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons. Add in the grated zucchini and cook until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the frozen corn, black beans, chili powder and Bolognese sauce, and bring up to a bubble. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
While the chili is cooking, cut the tortillas into long strips. Place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden and crispy.
To serve, ladle the chili into a bowl and top with the cheddar cheese and baked tortilla strips.