Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 3-4 cups leftover Bolognese sauce
- 1 pound whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- For the salad:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) to drizzle
- 4 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 5 radishes, sliced
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt the water then drop in the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
In a high-sided skillet over medium heat, bring the leftover Bolognese sauce to a bubble. Add in the cooked pasta and toss thoroughly. Transfer to a large serving bowl and top with the grated cheese.
While the sauce is heating up, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey and EVOO in a large salad bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the baby greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and radishes. Serve alongside the pasta.