approximately 2 cups
Aired August 28, 2007
- 2 cups goat cheese, softened
- 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 3 sprigs mint leaves, chopped
- 10 chives, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 pita breads, cut into triangular wedges
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Arrange the pita wedges on a cookie sheet in a single layer (use 2 cookie sheets if you run out of room). Transfer to the oven and toast for about 10 minutes or until golden and crispy.
While bread is toasting, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Top the toasted pitas with the goat cheese and herb topping, and serve.