Serves 4 servings
Originally aired August 28, 2007
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 32-ounce can chunky-style crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian dried seasoning
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
When the pepper snaps and the garlic sizzles, add the tomato paste, cook for a minute, then stir in the crushed tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook for five minutes and stir in parsley.
Add EVOO to a medium-size saucepan over moderate heat. Add the garlic and crushed pepper to the heated olive oil.