Originally aired September 27, 2013
- A nonstick skillet is crucial so the potatoes don’t stick to the pan as the liquid evaporates.
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold or Red Bliss potatoes (20 to 25 potatoes, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups homemade or low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if the broth is salty)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- Fleur de sel or other sea salt for serving (optional)
Press firmly on the potatoes to crack them; this helps them absorb more broth and ensures a creamy, moist interior. Then continue boiling, but now uncovered.
Remove the pan from the heat and let the potatoes rest for 5 minutes before transferring them to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately, passing the fleur de sel so diners can sprinkle some on if they want.