Aired November 14, 2013
- 3 starchy potatoes (such as russet), peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch discs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 16 thin slices pancetta
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for dressing greens
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup veal or chicken stock
- 4 to 5 cups (4 to 5 big handfuls) arugula or baby arugula leaves
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium-high. When the oil begins to ripple, add the chicken and brown until crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Add the wine, shaking the pan for 1 minute. Add the stock and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes then remove to a warm plate and cover.
Drain the potatoes then add them to the skillet, turning to coat in the sauce. In a medium bowl, dress the arugula with the lemon juice and EVOO; season. Serve the chicken with the potatoes and salad.