Aired February 24, 2014
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 24 little neck clams
- 1/2 bottle Amstel light
- A drip of maggi (liquid MSG)
- 3 tablespoons small diced soppresata (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- A baby handful chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Sweat garlic and ginger with the soppresata. Add the clams, the beer and the maggi. Cover and steam.
When clams open, stir in the butter and toss in the cilantro and scallions.
Finish with a squeeze of lime.
Serve over toasted sourdough bread.