Originally aired July 7, 2014
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets, pounded thin or 4 fillets of sole
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1-tablespoon slices
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 lemon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil or canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 4 brioche rolls, split and toasted
- Arugula, diced tomato and finely chopped onion
Season the chicken cutlets (or fish filets) on both sides.
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder (or granulated garlic) and paprika. Roll the butter slices in the flour and reserve.
Beat the eggs with the cheese and juice of 1/2 lemon.
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil, four turns of the pan, over medium to medium-high heat. Dredge two pieces of the chicken or fish first in the flour, then coat in the egg batter and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; repeat with remaining cutlets/filets.
Add the minced garlic to the pan. Stir for 1 minute then deglaze with the wine (or stock). Add the flour-coated butter and whisk to form a sauce.
Place the chicken or fish on toasted bun bottoms. Cut the remaining 1/2 lemon into wedges and squeeze over top. Top with some sauce, arugula, tomato, onion and the bun tops.