Blow-dry Boot Camp
Every woman knows that once you walk out of the hair salon, you'll never be able to recreate that great look on your own. If you've tried drying upside down, right side up, and maybe even somewhere in between--to no avail--then it's time you head to ... "Hair Boot Camp!"
Muriel Mastey-Guerin of the Point de Vue salon in West Hollywood, CA, says the number one mistake people make when blow-drying their hair is when they "hold the brush in one direction, and the hair dryer in the opposite direction -- creating a lack of coordination between the brush and the blowdryer."
She adds, "Sectioning is extremely important." Watch the video above to see her demonstrate the proper sectioning techniques.
Here's a step-by-step guide to giving your locks that salon-smooth finish:
Step 1: Heat the hair right at the roots for a count of eight.
• Rolling the ends under will give you a curl.
• Rolling your ends up will give you a flip.
Step 2: Extend your arm and tilt the hair dryer at a 45-degree angle.
• The nozzle of the hairdryer should be parallel to your head and the attachment should be horizontal to your face.
• Extend your "drying arm" up, bending at the wrist so that you are drying a section of your hair at a 45-degree angle toward the front of your hairline.
Step 3: Follow the hairdryer down the brush for another count of eight.
• Make sure you're maintaining that 45-degree angle all the way down.
Voila! You've got luscious locks without having to go to the salon!
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook