"I have too many clothes and I don't have anything to wear!" Sound familiar? Rachael and Gretta stage an intervention for a woman who is desperate to clean out her closet and update her look.
Step 1: Clean Out Your Closet
- Always, Sometimes, Never: Take everything out of your closet and put them in three piles: What you always wear, sometimes wear and never wear. This will help make clear what things you should get rid of.
- Store seasonal clothes in air-tight bags. If you pack them up, your closet won't be so confusing and cluttered.
- If you've had a weight change let go of the clothes that no longer fit you and give them to someone they're appropriate for.
- Look at your closet with open eyes, including your accessories, and let go of things that don't fit or suit you anymore.
Now that you don't need those piles of old clothes, find someone who does! Donate your old wardrobe to places like Dress for Success or a local charity organization.
Step 2: Streamline And Update Your Wardrobe
- Have your clothes tailored for a more flattering fit. If you've lost weight, have alterations made to your favorite pieces so they fit properly.
Have something that fits but isn't flattering? Lose it.
- Keep classic pieces and update them with inexpensive accessories.
Figure out what silhouette looks good on you and then shop for that silhouette. Look for things that can go from day-to-night, instead of having completely separate clothes for different occasions.
- Base your wardrobe on versatile items like a pair of dark jeans and high-heeled boots.
- Bring work and non-work clothes together with core pieces. A good pair of boots can make your wardrobe even more flexible: They dress down a dress, but can dress up a pair of jeans on the weekends.
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize! Scarves, belts and jewelry can all drastically change a look.
Backstage with Gretta - Extra Tips:
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook