Easiest Thanksgiving Ever
"I owe this entire meal to my mom because this is what she's been making since I was a little kid," Rachael says. "This is what Thanksgiving is at our house and if anything ever changes, it's just not Thanksgiving like we know it to be."
Rachael's Thanksgiving Menu:
Two Small Roasted Turkeys
Apple and Onion Stuffin'
Roasted Butternut Squash
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Balsamic Vinegar
Elsa's Poulet Sauce
Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese & Chives
Rachael's Helpful Holiday Hints:
• Plan ahead by following Rachael's Thanksgiving Day Game Plan. Just because you're making dinner doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself!
• Get two smaller turkeys instead of a big one. There's always a lot to choose from since everyone always wants the big birds. They're also a lot easier to handle when you're washing them out or getting them out of the oven.
• Don't have 5 hours to cook a 20-pound bird? Get it done in 90 minutes. Find out how.
• Remember when you're handling raw poultry to clean the area thoroughly once you're done and throw any dish towels you've used into the wash to prevent cross-contamination.
• Disposable roasting pans work just as well as non-disposable ones; just double them up because they are very wobbly and your turkey might wind up on the floor if you don't.
• Estimate around 3 tubs of Brussels sprouts for every 6-8 people. If you don't have a pan big enough to cook all of the sprouts at once, put two pans next to each other, cook them separately, then put them in one big serving dish.
• Use the pan drippings to stretch out any of the leftover gravy ... or use both of them combined for a great soup base.
• For the mashed potatoes, use your favorite recipe. Rachael makes hers with cream cheese, chives and a little bit of cream. If you're watching your figure, use chicken stock instead of milk or cream.
• For cranberry sauce, Rachael recommends buying a sack of fresh berries and following the recipe on the package. She adds a little orange zest to hers for extra depth of flavor.
• Carving got you stumped? Rachael's demonstrates how to portion out your turkey so everyone gets a piece of the best parts. See how she does it.
• Chicken stock is your one-stop turkey tool kit. It cures overcooked or underdone meat as well as make great gravy. Find out how.
• Need some help decorating your holiday table? Get inspired by Evette and Rachael.
Love for Leftovers:
Also on this show
- Two Small Roasted Turkeys
- Elsa's Poulet Sauce
- Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta and Balsamic Vinegar
- Apple and Onion Stuffin'
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Easy Peas'y
- Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese and Chives
- Set Crash with Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Thanksgiving Decorations with Evette
- Thanksgiving Dinner...or Family Feud?
- Thanksgiving Game Plan
- Breaking Down a Turkey
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook