Fashion for Curves
Do you have to be super-skinny to pull off skinny jeans?
Skinny jeans sound like they're only for skinny women...but no! Curvy girls can wear skinny jeans as long as they wear boots or a dynamic shoe with them -- no sneakers ever because you need an elongated line. Jeans should be dark and the top should hit around mid-thigh. Belts are great with this too.
How can curvy girls pull off layering without looking like the Michelin Man?
Start with a thin layer and follow up with different lengths. When you're out, you can take off a layer when you get warm and still look great, which makes this trend ideal for traveling. Get a good foundation first, like a body suit that looks like a tank top, then wear two lighter layers, like a shirt and a vest, or a t-shirt and a blouse. The last layer can be chunky, like a sweater or sweatshirt.
Should curvy girls even attempt leggings?
Wear leggings in dark colors and get them longer, just above the ankle instead of mid-calf. Also, the curvier you are, the longer the accompanying top should be. A chunky piece of jewelry will also serve to draw the eye up above the body. The key is to elongate everything.
More tips from Patty:
- If you want to rock the leopard print, don't do it all over. A little goes a long way.
- Curvy girl fashion is all about knowing your options and rethinking what you can and can't wear.
- Don't limit yourself to certain stores. Look for stuff everywhere. And when in doubt, try something on before turning it down!
- Good foundation garments can really take off the pounds and eliminate jiggle and wiggle.
A curvy girl should always have a big bag... it's all about scale. It just doesn't look right for a curvy girl to be walking around with a tiny bag.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook