A Guide to Internet Dating
Did you know that more people today meet online than anywhere else? True love could be just a click away for you, but first you need an online profile that will attract Mr. (or Mrs.) Right. "It really is all about the profile," says online dating expert DeAnna Lorraine. "If you have a bad profile, it could be costing you so many dates." Could that be the problem for 31-year-old Katie? DeAnna steps in to find out and to share her tips.
DeAnna's Profile Tips
• Choose photos that show off your best assets. Katie had her hair pulled back in her main profile photo and she was wearing a frumpy, dark turtleneck. DeAnna switches it to a photo that highlights her beautiful red curly hair and smile.
• Don't send the wrong message. Katie included photos of herself in a wedding party and holding a baby -- both of which could be offputting to some men who might interpret that she is desperate to beat her biological clock or dying to settle down.
• Show off your personality. Make sure your photo shows something about who you are. For example, if you love the outdoors or traveling, let your personality come through with a fun photo from your last hiking trip or vacation.
• Headlines should be short and simple. Katie's original headline read like a boring laundry list of qualities she was looking for in a match. DeAnna revises it to be shorter, sweeter, and enticing: "Anyone up for some wild ringlets and fine wine?"
• Avoid being negative. Katie posted that her job was very demanding, which DeAnna suggests could be a turn-off. DeAnna suggests that men would be attracted to a woman who's passionate about her job, so she helps Katie reword her post to convey more energy and enthusiasm.
• Be persistent. It's easy to get discouraged after a bad experience with Internet dating. But it can take time! So be committed and put the necessary time and effort into it.
Does your profile need some help? This week (2/24 - 3/1), DeAnna is offering Rachael's viewers a 10 percent discount off any of her Date Coaching Packages or Online Dating Profile Makeover! (Just put the code "RR" in the message right before you checkout online to receive the discount.)
While Katie will be using her new online profile to attract more men, two of Rachael's viewers who have already met online are about to go on their very first date -- in Rachael's studio! Click here to watch their candlelight dinner for two, including moments you didn't see on the show!
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook