How NOT to Look Fat
"How many women have uttered the infamous words, 'Do I look fat?'" Rachael asks. "Sometimes I ask my dog because I always love her answer!" If those words ring true and you're not feeling good about the way you look, the problem, according to Charla Krupp, author of How to Never Look Fat Again, could be in your closet! Like your food, clothing can be fattening! "Whatever size you are, you can look the best that you can look if just make the right clothes choices," Charla says. "I love to say it's not you, it's your clothes!"
Stay away from baggy outfits. Loose clothes may hide parts of your figure, but they also add weight to your look. "You're giving yourself a big, fat blobby shape," Charla says. "You're not doing yourself any favors!" Specifically if you are larger on top, she suggests avoiding boxy jackets, bulky sweaters and over-sized flannel shirts.
Avoid shiny or heavy fabrics. Corduroy, velvet and crushed velvet are chubby fabrics, according to Charla. Also, sequins can make you look bigger because of the shine.
Lose the shoulder pads. "You will look better if you are less padded," Charla says. Just take shoulder pads out of jackets and you will instantly look smaller.
Fake your waist. If want the look of a narrower waist, take your belt off of your hips and move it up so it sits right below your bra line, which is generally the narrowest section of a woman's torso.
Charla's Must-Have Items:
• V-neck sweater with 3/4 sleeves.
• Pencil skirt or an A-line skirt for those with a more pear-shaped body.
• Body slimmers such as Spanx Slim Cognito Shape Suit. "Fifty percent of what you wear should be great shapewear underneath," she says. "That makes a big difference."
• Instant buttons. If you do start losing weight and aren't ready to buy new pants, you can hang on to your favorite jeans and get them to fit by using Instant Buttons - they fit through the fabric and will enable you to tighten your jeans!
• Dark denim jeans. Look for jeans with a bit of stretch, and avoid embellishments on the rear pockets that can accentuate your bum. Charla recommends Not Your Daughter's Jeans. "It will make you look thinner by tonight!"
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook