Sara Moulton's Holiday Fixes: Pie, Whipped Cream
Tired of soggy pie crusts and whipped cream that goes flat? Get Sara Moulton's secrets to the perfect dessert!
Whipped Cream: To prevent fresh whipped cream from going flat or getting watery before it is served, combine a bit of cream and a marshmallow cut into cubes in a saucepan, melt, and add fold the mixture into your whipped cream before refrigerating. The peaks will be stiff later when you’re ready to serve.
Pie Crust: Add crushed cookie crumbs or plain bread crumbs to the bottom of the pie crust before adding filling and baking. The crumbs will absorb any moisture so the crust is not soggy. To avoid over baking and suffering a burnt crust, try using a glass pie dish in the oven so you can see when it is ready.
Also on this show
- Crab & Cod Cioppino
- Sara Moulton's Thanksgiving Hens
- "The Big 3" with "The Talk's" Julie Chen & Sara Gilbert
- Julie Chen's & Sara Gilbert's Dream Guests for The Talk
- Sara Moulton's Holiday Dinner Tips & a Recipe
- Sara Moulton's Holiday Disaster Fixes: Salty Side Dish
- Sara Moulton's Holiday Disaster Fixes: Cookies
- Rachael Ray's Lucky You Giveaway!
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook