Next Food Network Star Finalist: Shane Lyons
The search for The Next Food Network Star continues as the five finalists show off their skills in Rachael's kitchen. Next up, Shane Lyons!
As one of the youngest graduates of the Culinary Institute of America in New York, Shane says that he used to weigh 250 pounds at age 16, but that he lost all his weight when he started working in the kitchen. "I want people to understand that there is a way to eat lots of really rich, tasty food, to use it in moderation and not to limit yourself." Shane is making a variation of the classic Chicken Cordon Bleu, with the help of Francesca.
Check out the related stories below to see Shane's competitors in action.
Also on this show
- Adam Gertler's BBQ Chicken-Packed Pita
- Adam Gertler's Smoky BBQ Rub
- Adam Gertler's BBQ Sauce
- Red, White and Blue Grilled BBQ Potato Salad
- Turkey Chili Cheeseburgers
- The Search for the Next Food Network Star
- Next Food Network Star Finalist: Adam Gertler
- Next Food Network Star Finalist: Kelsey Nixon
- Next Food Network Star Finalist: Lisa Garza
- Next Food Network Star Finalist: Aaron McCargo, Jr.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook