"Slowcook-ivor" with Jeff Probst
Survivor: Redemption Island marks the 22nd season of the hit reality show, and Emmy®-winning host Jeff Probst says it still stands above the rest after 11 years. "In this era of reality shows, a lot of which are loosely scripted, Survivor is still a real kick-your-ass show," he tells Rachael. "It's hard [surviving] out there!"
Jeff entices Rachael to compete on a special celebrity edition of the show. "What if we did a seven-day Survivor, only seven days," he proposes. "And we had other people like you to do it, other celebrities - would you do it? Think about it - if we only had one cook and it was you!"
Rachael laughs, "How popular would I be!" Jeff wastes no time: "Expect a phone call, Ms. Ray!"
In the meantime, Jeff presides over Rachael's "Slowcook-ivor" when five viewers try to outlast and outcook each other with their slow cooker recipes:
• "I'm competitive," says Lauren from Eastchester, NY, who is competing with her Piggy-Booty Pulled Pork, "and I don't even know what the word 'lose' means!"
• "You can't get pork like this in an oven," says Donna about her French Onion Pork Roast. The Freehold, NJ woman says that she is the slow cooker master: "Once the judges taste this, they don't have to taste anything else!"
• "I can say without hesitation, I am the queen, master and ruler of the slow cooker," boasts Lynn from Warwick, NY. With her Not-Your-Mama's Meatballs, she has a message to her fellow cooks: "Sorry you made the trip, but I'm taking home the crown!"
• "Your dishes may be good," says Ginny from Sparta, NJ, "but nothing compares to the Rock-the-Crock White Chicken Chili; this truly rocks!"
• Christine from Monroe, NJ, shares her personal motto: "I'm not a cooker, I'm a crocker." Her recipe for Mad Salsa Chicken is "sure to be a party in your mouth!"
Watch the video above to see which cook wins a Luxury Included® vacation for two at Beaches Resorts, and will enjoy four days and three nights in either Turks & Caicos or Jamaica, complete with luxurious accommodations, world class gourmet dining, unlimited premium brand beverages, all land and water sports, and more - including round trip airfare provided by Delta Vacations.
Also on this show
- Slow Cooker Meal: Teriyaki Chicken
- Meat and Potato Cupcakes
- Slowcook-ivor Recipe: Ginny's 'Rock the Crock' White Chicken Chili
- Slowcook-ivor Recipe: Lynn's Slow Cooker Meatballs and Sauce
- Slowcook-ivor Recipe: Donna's French Onion Pork Roast
- Slowcook-ivor Recipe: Lauren's Pulled Pork
- Slowcook-ivor Recipe: Christine's Salsa Chicken
- Concierge Secrets
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook