The Ultimate Bridal Bargain
Desperate bride-to-be Shann's search for the perfect wedding gown has yielded nothing, and she's starting to believe that her $400-600 budget isn't helping. "I had no idea how expensive it would be!" she cries. Times are tough, but that doesn't mean Shann can't find her dream wedding dress. With the help of Rach's fashion buddy Gretta (and U.S. National Champion runner Brianna Glenn), Shann tackles the mother of all wedding dress extravaganzas -- Filene's Basement Bridal Event, known as the "Running of the Brides," where over a thousand women battle each other to find designer dresses up to 95 percent off!
Gretta's bridal dress shopping tips:
• Have a game plan. Before you shop, choose a color, a look and a style. You can research by looking through magazines and online so that you can narrow the playing field before you even walk into a store. When you go shopping, you cannot be all over the place just browsing. If you go into a store and you don't see what you want, get out immediately.
• Shop online only if there's a guaranteed return. You never want to purchase from any place where you can't return it. It's not a deal if you end up stuck with a dress you don't like.
• Never go too small. Go one or two sizes up because you can always alter it down and everything needs to be fitted to look perfect anyway.
• Come hair and makeup ready. Consider it a wedding day preview -- wear the same makeup and hairstyle that you plan to wear on the big day so you can see exactly how you will look in the dress.
• Wear the right undergarments and shoes. Gretta suggests a convertible bra, seamless panties and Spanx, along with a pair of shoes that are the same height you'd want to wear under your dress.
• Wear easily removable clothing. This will speed up the process of trying on dress after dress.
• Be flexible. Sometimes you have to think outside the box to find something you love, whether it's shopping online ... or strapping on your sneakers for the "Running of the Brides!"
Need some help finding a dress to fit your special occasion? Ask Gretta on the message boards!
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook