Watermelon Shark Bowl
Create a splash at your next summer party by turning a plain watermelon into a shark fruit basket with this easy do-it-yourself guide from one of Rach's culinary staffers!
Watermelon Shark Bowl
1 seeded watermelon, oblong
2 red grapes, peeled
Your favorite fruits for fruit salad, such as pineapple, cantaloupe, and honeydew, chopped or cut into fish shapes
On a cutting board, cut off ¼-1/3 (depending on size) of the bottom of the watermelon on an angle. Stand the watermelon up on the cut surface, making sure it is steady. Find the midpoint of the watermelon at the top and draw a line marking where the top of the mouth will be. Mark another line below it, to make the bottom of the mouth opening. Using a paring knife, cut along the lines and pull out the mouth piece. Reserve. Scoop all flesh out of the watermelon, leaving a gap at the bottom, so that the fruit salad doesn’t fall out.
1 inch above the top and bottom of the mouth, score a line, and scrape off all green skin to show the white rind. Carve small triangles into the top and bottom of the mouth to form shark teeth.
From reserved mouth piece or from bottom, cut out a triangle and attach it to the back of the shark to make a fin with 2 toothpicks. Stick a toothpick in the grape and put it on both sides of the sharks head to make eyes.
Fill with fruit and serve.
Also on this show
- Adam Perry Lang's Man Steak with Thyme Zinfandel Sauce
- Adam Perry Lang's Arugula Salad with Lemon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Parmesan Shavings
- Club Burger Sliders with Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Jeanette's Watermelon Shark Bowl
- Watermelon Punch Bowl with Watermelon Mojito
- Watermelon Ice Cubes
- Marcus Samuelsson's Fried Yardbird
- Marcus Samuelsson's Bok Choy Salad
- Rach's Fourth of July Foodie Bash with Adam Perry Lang
- Chef Marcus Samuelsson Joins the 4th of July Foodie Bash
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook