We Never Have Dinner Together!
Can you remember the last time your family all sat down to dinner together? Are your schedules so hectic that everyone is left to come up with their own meals? Rachael shares some tips on how to make family dinners happen ... and what to make when they don't:
• Make a flexible dinner time. It doesn't have to be at the same time or same day of the week just do it as much as you can, even if it's not even once a week.
• If you can, have choices so everyone doesn't have to eat the same thing. Be flexible with the food.
• If everyone's eating at different times, make something that can be eaten at room temperature. Antipasto platters are a great option!
• If no one can get to the table at one time, make a dish that can sit on the stove, like a stew or soup - or better yet, a stoup!
• Serve different courses at different times. If you can't wait for everyone, eat dinner separately but save dessert for when everyone's available. Something's better than nothing!
• When you do sit down at the table, make sure everyone has a story to tell.
• Don't use dinner time to pick on what the kids did wrong that day. They shouldn't dread coming to the table. If you want to quiz them on their homework or about their new boyfriend, do it after dinner.
Enjoy each other!
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook