Where Should We Go for the Holidays?
Every year as the holidays approach, many couples face the same problem: Whose family will they spend the holidays with?
Rachael recalls the one Christmas she and John started with her sister on Long Island, then hit his aunt's house, and then drove five hours upstate to visit with her parents. Sure they got to see everyone but they were so bleary-eyed they could hardly enjoy it! It's really hard to visit two places in the same day and still spend quality time with your families, so Rachael shares a few of her holiday tips with Jake and Kelly to make everyone happy:
• Alternate back and forth: Spend one holiday with his family in northern California, and the next year spend it with her family in the southern part of the state.
• Play host: Invite both families to spend the holiday at your house.
• Have your family double up on the holidays: If Jake and Kelly spend Thanksgiving with her family, maybe the next day they can celebrate it with John's family and have a "second" Thanksgiving dinner. (And who wouldn't want twice the turkey and stuffing?)
• Celebrate in neutral territory: Find a location central to everyone and plan to meet there.
• Break away from the pack: Take a little vacation during the holidays -- just the two of you.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook